14 Hacks To Ensure Your Drains Keep Clean
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. However, you may never have to worry again!
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. While your house pipes may not be blocked, this is not indicative that a bigger clog is not happening in a different line. There
There Is No Need To Get The System Of Your Drainage Clogged With These Maintenance Tips We Have Put Together For You To Follow
1. You can use a plunger to clear minor blockage.
2. Once or twice every week, raise up the stoppers in your bathtub and clear out whatever debris is in the drain. Don't forget to rinse of the stopper thoroughly before putting it back in place.
3. If You Lose Hair Easily, Make Sure You Place A Barrier (Mesh) On The Drain Hole Before You Wash Your Hair In The Bathtub Or Sink. Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. Brush your hair before showering or bathing to collect loose hair on your brush instead of in your drain.
5. Get a plumber to professionally install covers or debris catchers over your drains. Use A Non - Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaner On Your Drains.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. Arrange a contract with a drainage company to get occasional examinations and servicing without having to run after them. Companies like Drainage Liverpool in Liverpool have specific packages for different periods. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. Your Drain Isn't A Dustbin. Don't treat it like a dustbin.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. Simply put, drains are only meant for water, urine, and faeces.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. You can prevent the build - up of grease in the drain by pouring hot salty water down it.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. But, you must never use chemicals.
If you have drain issues and these tips don't help, don't overdo it and damage your drain especially if you don't have a contract with a drainage company. Instead, you should get in touch with a plumber. If you reside in or near Liverpool, then the technicians at Drainage Liverpool are your best option.